October 16, 2018, 07:12:00 AM

Author Topic: Adrenaline Results Format  (Read 357 times)

Offline Perry Wallace

Adrenaline Results Format
« on: April 07, 2018, 09:18:54 PM »
Hello folks. I just wanted to make a short post real quick to see what your thoughts were on the actual format for results on Adrenaline and Octane. Does everyone read the show in its entirety? Was wondering how you all would feel if Adrenaline were to transition somewhat to its matches being written like Octane's. At least for the undercard portion and get a little more in depth the higher the card.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 10:46:51 PM by Perry Wallace »

Offline Perry Wallace

Re: Results Format
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 12:44:57 PM »
bump

Offline Tornado Desencadenado

• "Tore-Nah-Dough Des-En-Cah-Den-Nah-Dough"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 02:02:21 PM »
I read Octane and skim Adrenaline.  Prefer the summarized matches format though I know they take away the emotion of big moments. 

Offline Jason Cashe

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 05:21:46 PM »
I have it on good authority from the Jobber's Union that it depends on the match. If it's a non title but say Bronx vs. Godzilla? Then yeah, full results are needed for it. If it's Bronx vs. Luke Jones then no. Maybe play with it some, start making the matches less summarized after the middle of the show and they go more full match by Headliner and Main Event.

Booking Team in 4CW regardless of who is on it, has done a good job at making bigger matches happen in the right spots on the show. So this isn't a big adjustment at all. Spotlight a few big spots, highlights if you will.

You could also add a timestamp to say how long matches were.

Offline American Tommy

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 06:15:22 PM »
I'm with TD.  I generally skim the Adrenaline matches, but I read most the matches on Octane (Probably because I need to pay attention to Octane more since I'm on the Octane brand).  I think Headline/Main Event need to be full matches, but summaries would suffice for everything else IMO.  I also enjoying reading spots that people send in to be included in the match as I think it changes things up a bit.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 06:16:36 PM by American Tommy »

Offline Alessandro Quagliaterre

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2018, 06:45:20 PM »
I read Adrenaline’s in its entirety. I’ll skim majority of Octane.

I like the system as it is. Don’t change it.

In terms of sums for Adrenaline it depends on the situation e.g one person no-show’s. Only 1 rp posted each instead of 2. Cat passes away. Otherwise I would think both handlers might feel short changed if they’re getting a limited version of their match.

Offline Bronxy V

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 01:06:51 AM »
I read the entire show when time allows. If I do the feedback it's because I read the whole show. That being said I think you guys should stop killing yourselves on writing them. I think Octane is a great flow. It's unrealistic in wrestling to think that every match is a 30 minute epic. I love the storytelling during a match and try to write for that, but you can shorten things and still cover that.

TLDR: Do what feels comfortable for you guys as a staff. It won't change my work ethic here.

Offline Perry Wallace

Re: Adrenaline Results Format
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2018, 10:50:11 PM »
So as you may have noticed, E83 was a bit different than usual. Went with a summary (larger than Octane) for all the undercard matches. Had a few that we mixed in with detail due to my lack of communication. How did you like the smaller matches for Undercard overall though? With Manny versus Ana, I added a detailed ending to the match on top of the summary for everything before. As I mentioned somewhere else, I'd like if ya'll possibly PMed some detailed spots with commentary to be added. We staff can even add some. But they can serve like a match highlight purpose or something.

Offline Anastasia Hayden

Re: Adrenaline Results Format
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2018, 05:35:19 PM »
I somehow missed this, but like everyone else, I read through the entire show if I've got the time and if I don't, I skim the larger matches on Adrenaline. Octane is an easy, breezy read and that's perfect.

I really enjoyed the last Adrenaline and I think the format works really well. I think summarized + a detailed ending is pretty ideal for 2 v. 2 RPs and summarized for matches with no-shows or 1 v. 2/1 v. 1 RPs. I'd honestly be content if just the main event + headliner were the big matches and then just play it by ear for undercard matches with big names attached to them. Like slightly longer summarized I guess I'm trying to say?

But like Bronx said, don't kill yourselves writing these epics.