May 25, 2018, 04:25:43 PM

Author Topic: A Championship Showcase  (Read 81 times)

Offline Chris Madison

• Champions
    • View Profile
A Championship Showcase
« on: May 17, 2018, 03:53:45 AM »
“After the fallout from Adrenaline, I’d like to think that this Crooked Kingdom nonsense is behind me and that I can focus on Anastasia Hayden and whoever else earns their way into that Sixty Minute Fatal Fourway Iron Man match. That would be ideal… But the realist in me knows that a tag team win over Jason Cashe and Jair Hopkins isn’t the end of it all.”

“A lot was made about how well Bronx and I would work together as a team; understandably so. Bronx’s first match since losin’ the 4CW Championship to me, and we’re bein’ thrown together as a tag team against two of the best 4CW has ever seen. I can sit here and crack jokes about how bad Crooked Kingdom is, once again losin’ all of the matches that they were involved in for the second straight 4CW show. But regardless of their current circumstances, there’s three hall of famers in that group - two of which that stood across from us. Worldstar is a proven, battle tested tag team, former champs; and they were bested by two guys who never planned on standin’ on the same side of the ring. At the end of the day, it was their actions, Cashe and Hopkins, who forced the hands of everyone involved in this main event, includin’ Ana’s portrayal of a tired act who craves the spotlight. There’s no one to blame but themselves… And I hope that really sinks in as Jason Cashe’s head finally stops spinnin’.”

“I know him well enough to know that it won’t. He’ll rest up, but he won’t smarten up!”

“This week, Perry Wallace has pulled one of his favorite cards. A championship showcase that puts the 4CW Champion against the 4CW Pride Champion. Viduus Morta showed the world at South Beach Brawl that he can elevate his game to compete against the absolute best in the business when he took the Pride Championship out of Jair Hopkins’ hands. Now, just a few weeks later, he has the chance to make himself the premier champion of 4CW as we share the ring in the main event of Adrenaline.”

“These champion versus champion matches always have the potential to be somethin’ special for the fans. This one is no different! The cat’s out of the bag, Viduus Morta is destined for more than the XTV division. I’m sure you’ll bring your absolute best out there, but don’t assume that my plate is too full to give this match the attention it deserves. Ante Up is weeks away and two of my challengers have yet to be decided. My ongoin’ issue with Jason Cashe and Crooked Kingdom might be on hold, but like a bad case of herpes, you never know when it’ll flare back up. But come May twenty-third, Viduus, I only have eyes for you!”

“I understand what it’s like to be in your shoes, I was there. As 4CW Pride Champion, I went one on one with the reignin’ 4CW Champion at the time, Dakota Smith. Beatin’ him was instant gratification. I was livin’ proof that you don’t need to be the 4CW Champion in order to be the best. I’m sure that’s a sentiment that you share. Well, Viduus, Adrenaline is your chance to prove it!”

May 14th, 2018
Long Island, New York
Nine days until Adrenaline…

First one in, last one out.

Chris Madison spent countless hours in the Warehouse, keeping himself in tip-top shape. Many of those hours were bright and early, before the gym truly became alive, and late at night, when most couldn’t find the energy to keep pushing themselves. Today was no different. Early in the morning, before the sun could rise, Chris Madison dragged himself out of his comfy king size bed and down to the Warehouse so that he could prepare for upcoming matches. But with his early morning workout done, and people filing in one after another, it seemed like a no brainer for Chris to step out, get some breakfast, and recharge. He navigated his way through the facility, shaking hands and exchanging pleasantries as he made his way to the front door. Hiding underneath baggy clothing and a low brimmed hat, he almost slipped passed his younger brother who was hard at work in the front lobby.

“Chris! Hold up”, Nick Madison shouted as he reached out with his hand, trying to grab his brothers shoulder.

Chris stopped in his tracks and slowly spun around towards Nick, pulling a wireless bluetooth earbud from his left ear. “What is it bud”, Chris asked.

Nick took a half turn towards the wall behind him and held his arms out, doing his best Vanna White impression. He had bags of tools laid out on the floor, and with the help of a few of his trustworthy students, the framework for a large showcase had been secured to the wall. “What do you think? It’s a championship showcase, Nick bragged as he finished the turn and placed his hands on his hips, admiring his work.

Chris looked on, confused by the massive display. “I mean, I don’t know if it’s necessary”, Chris brushed aside as he scratched at the back of his head.

“You’ve got such a decorated history, eighteen years worth, it’s such a shame that everything is tucked away in the back office. I figured, especially with you recently winning the South Beach Brawl Cup and the 4CW Championship, this championship showcase could be a huge motivator for some of the boys”, Nick explained, hoping to sway his brothers opinion.

“I don’t got time for this Nick. If this is what you want to do, by all means. I’ve got a huge match against Viduus Morta comin’ up, I can’t be worryin’ about a goddamn display case that you’re puttin’ together”, Chris roared.

“You dethroned Bronx. You beat Dakota Smith at his own game in a Last Man Standing Match at South Beach Brawl to retain the 4CW Championship. You just left Jason Cashe laying in the center of the ring, knocked the fuck out! I get that you want to give every competitor his due, but come on Chris… Viduus Morta”, he mocked, dismissing the potential of Chris’s upcoming opponent.

“Don’t do that. Don’t try and diminish my opponent. Viduus Morta is more than capable of goin’ out there and pickin’ up the win at Adrenaline”, Chris quickly declared. He glared at his younger brother, confused by the reaction he drew.

Nick chuckled as he shook his head. “You know you don’t have to be so PC all the time. You can show your opponent respect all while knowing that they don’t stand a chance against you. This Mr. Nice Guy act makes you look more arrogant than you would if you just owned the fact that you’re the absolute best that 4CW has and that when you’re at your best, no one even comes close”, he proclaimed.

“And that attitude is the exact reason why that championship showcase that you’re buildin’ is goin’ to be full of my championships and my accolades, not yours”, Chris professed as he pointed at the framing behind him. “I wouldn’t expect you to understand. But that exact train of thought is the reason Viduus Morta is in the position that he’s in. He proved he’s more than a novelty act when he won the 4CW Extreme Championship over Sativa Nevaeh in a Taipei Deathmatch. He showed everyone that he could escape the stigma of bein’ just an extreme guy by beatin’ Jair Hopkins to win the 4CW Pride Championship. I don’t plan on makin’ those same mistakes. I’m not lettin’ my guard down and allowin’ him the opportunity to steal a win at Adrenaline.”

“Come on Chris… I know you don’t believe that. At the end of the day, Viduus Morta can’t out wrestle you! He wanted to prove to the world that he could be successful in settings other than extreme matches, yet he goaded Jair Hopkins into defending the Pride Championship, a belt that is supposed to represent the purity of this sport, into a dog collar match. Why? Because he knows he just can’t measure up! That’s why he resorts to all of the theatrics, that’s why he uses extreme matches as a crutch. Viduus Morta knows that he can’t survive in this business on his wrestling alone”, Nick insisted. “You on the other hand, you are one of the best wrestlers in the world. You also have no problems getting down and dirty when the time calls for it. Adrenaline, this champion versus champion match that Wallace booked, it’s supposed to pit the two best 4CW has against each other. Supposed to…”

“And that’s all I want it to be. Lets not forget that it was just a couple of months ago that I was down on my luck and seemed to be fightin’ on my last leg. Opportunity allowed me to persevere and fight my way to the top, goin’ through arguably some of the best 4CW has ever had under contract. That’s all I ever wanted, to test my skills against the best in the industry. Right now, regardless of how people perceive him, Viduus Morta has earned the right to stake his claim at bein’ called one of the best. This is his opportunity”, Chris declared. “It’s on him to make the most of it…”

Chris placed the earbud back in his ear and turned away from his brother, not giving him an opening to say anything else. Nick looked back over his shoulder at the two students who were waiting instructions and huffed as Chris exited the Warehouse.

4CW Video Diary #62
May 15th 2018
Long Island, New York
Eight days until Adrenaline...

[ • REC ]

“I can’t help but wonder, how would Viduus Morta have fared had he been given a chance to compete in the South Beach Brawl Cup. People can say what they’d like to about you Viduus, but they can’t deny that you’ve been on an absolute roll as of late. Perry Wallace put together that field, the sixteen best that 4CW had, all vyin’ for the 4CW Championship, the South Beach Brawl Cup, and a large cash payout. Except it wasn’t the sixteen best, was it?”

Chris stood inside of one of the wrestling rings in the Warehouse, facing the turnbuckles, leaning on the top ropes. He shook his head slightly as the camera panned over from the side and got a close up of his face.

“Aidan Carlisle, Jason Cashe, Johnny Evil, Brody Lee Prince, hell I’ll even lump myself into that mix of names… When Perry Wallace sat down and put together a field of sixteen, these are names that he felt could have more of an impact on the South Beach Brawl Tournament than you Viduus. You can be as mad as you want at the world for constantly underestimatin’ you; but even your boss, the man who runs this company, didn’t have enough confidence in Viduus Morta to include him in the most prestigious tournament 4CW has had thus far. I can’t say that I agree with it. While the world tries to box you into this label of bein’ an extreme wrestler, you’re showin’ them that there’s so much more that you can offer. At Adrenaline, there may not be a bigger opportunity for you to prove everyone wrong!”

“And that’s what you’ve been doin’, provin’ people wrong. When you and Dakota were entangled in a war that eventually led to a Seven Panes of Glass match, no one thought you’d stand a chance against the Butcher in one of his specialty matches. When you got snubbed from the South Beach Brawl Tournament and set your sights on Jair Hopkins and the 4CW Pride Championship, people felt it was foregone conclusion that he’d get his first successful defense of his reign. Now, you find yourself in back to back matches against the other 4CW singles champions, already defeatin’ the XTV Champion Nurse Kinsley. I’m sure people are tellin’ you that you can’t get it done, that you can’t beat the XTV Champion and the 4CW Champion in consecutive shows. I’m also sure that you’d love nothin’ more than to prove those people wrong by steppin’ into that ring with me, pickin’ up that win, and makin’ your argument for bein’ the best champion on the 4CW roster!”

“The only hiccup, the other guy standin’ across the ring from you in Phoenix!”

Chris took a step back from the corner and turned towards the ropes. He stepped through and out onto the apron, slowly dropping down to take a seat. He leaned back against the ropes, resting his elbows on the middle rope as he grinned from ear to ear.

“As good as you’ve been these last couple of months, I’ve been just as good, if not better! As much as you might try to diminish what I’ve accomplished by puttin’ your own twist on the events, the truth remains, Chris Madison is the reignin’ 4CW Champion. In order to go into this match as 4CW Champion, I’ve had to beat three of the best; two of which were virtually unbeatable by the rest of the roster! If it weren’t for me we’d still be witnessin’ Bronx or Ana dancin’ around their sexual tension and their desire to wear the crown of 4CW Champion. I’m man enough to give credit where credit is due. The fact that you’re here, in this match is an incredible feat in itself. I just hope you’re man enough to reciprocate that credit…”

“If not, I’m stuck against another person who’s too stupid to avoid the same trap as those I’ve climbed over to get to where I’m at! I’m not shy about the fact that I stumbled out of the gates since I’ve returned to 4CW. I’m not dumb enough to think that the run I went on the first time around was goin’ to just continue. 4CW has evolved into the most competitive wrestlin’ promotion in the world. I’ve won, I’ve lost. I’ve looked unstoppable at times, I’ve looked pitiful at times. But at the end of the day, I take each match one day at a time. I learn from my losses, I learn from my victories, and I come out the followin’ show lookin’ to outdo my last performance. Viduus you present a different challenge for me. Not because of how unorthodox you are, or because you’re a tough son of a bitch to keep down; but because there’s a fire that burns within, an insatiable hunger to be better than what the world thinks of you. There’s no better motivation than the desire to silence the critics of the world.”

“No one knows that better than me!”

Chris pushed off of the ring apron and landed on his feet. The grin on his face quickly slipped away into a look of eagerness as he rubbed the palms of his hands together.

“After three straight losses to Bryan Williams, Cyrus Riddle, and Alessandro Quagliaterre, it looked as if I didn’t belong, that maybe I was in over my head. Everyone was quick to try and write me off, tell me that I was washed up. If it were up to them, I would have hung up my wrestlin’ boots and never been seen again. But I knew that I had so much more in me - I still do! Sometimes all you need is an opportunity. You’ve been makin’ the most out of your opportunities, and I know you’ll be lookin’ to keep up the trend come Adrenaline. But here’s the thing Viduus, I’m not satisfied with just becomin’ 4CW Champion and then fadin’ out. After takin’ over for arguably the greatest champion that 4CW has ever had, the pressure is on me to make a lastin’ impression.”

“I need to assert myself as THE premier champion of 4CW. I need people to start understandin’ that the 4CW Championship means I’m the best this company has to offer. It doesn’t matter what kind of fight you bring, the second you step through those ropes, you’re in my way! Viduus, I promise, you’ve never had to deal with anyone like me before. Dakota, Jair, those are wars that you should be proud of winnin’. Hall of Famers who still give it everythin’ they got every time that bell rings. But neither of them are me! For me, every match is a chess game. Once that bell rings I wear my opponents out, methodically pickin’ them apart until I see fit. Every punch, every kick, strikes that hit with pinpoint precision, all of it apart of the game plan to break my opponent. You’re no different Viduus. I mean, you may be different, a little bit out there, but you’re bone and flesh just like everyone else. You’re not unique in that way. And the human body can only withstand so much before givin’ up, willingly or reluctantly.”

“I’m goin’ to break you. It won’t be flashy. I won’t need to rely on anythin’ other than the hands and feet that god gifted me. But I am goin’ to leave you layin’ in the center of that ring, wishin’ that Perry Wallace never threw this championship showcase together. Few people have been able to do that Pride Championship justice, almost as if it’s cursed. After I’m through with you, there won’t be much left and you’ll be on the fast track to the long list of talent that won that belt and lost it almost as quick! That curse will live on and you can look back at this championship showcase as the catalyst of your demise!”

“See you soon Viduus, unless of course you figure out a way to save yourself and find a way out of this match!”

He cracked a smile and shot a wink towards the camera before the feed cut out to static.
30 || 6 || 1

1x 4CW Champion (current)
1x 4CW Pride Champion
2018 South Beach Brawl Cup Winner