April 06, 2020, 04:51:25 PM

Author Topic: 1 RP Divisions & Ignition Championship Plans  (Read 665 times)

Offline Perry Wallace

1 RP Divisions & Ignition Championship Plans
« on: August 19, 2018, 05:14:32 PM »
As everyone on the 1.5K division knows, at least I believe everyone does, we will be merging it with the 3K division, making just one single RP division at 3K. Staff has discussed this with folks and we've also talked about it on radio the last two shows. There were even some people who were looking to move up to 3K anyway. So the single RP division will have more depth to it. 1.5K folks do not have to fully max out 3K to be competitive. Don't think that you do, please.

So that is going to have the single RP division with two main championships being the Octane and North American. 2 RP division has its two with the Pride and 4CW.

As for the Ignition, we have been tossing around the idea of making it open to both divisions. It would remain with a one RP limit, just at 3K words. The Ignition is a TV title pretty much. So to get more people engaged with it, we have been discussing some incentives with it.

3 consecutive defenses and the champion can turn it in for an Octane Championship match.
6 consecutive defenses and the champion can turn it in for a North American Championship match.
9 consecutive defenses and the champion can turn it in for a Pride Championship match.
12 consecutive defenses and the champion can turn it in for a 4CW Championship match.

Cash in championship matches will fall under the RP limitations for the specific title challenging for.

Say you win three in a row and decide not to challenge for the Octane Championship and then lose the following match which would be the fourth, well you don't get anything to cash in for another title. However having successful defenses would justify a rematch for the Ignition Championship.

Thoughts on this Ignition idea?

Offline American Tommy

Re: 1 RP Divisions & Ignition Championship Plans
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 06:41:05 PM »
I've said it before to you, but I don't like the idea of anything just being awarded because of defenses.  Maybe enter them in a contender match or something?  Take my story for example.  I defended whatever times it was (I think 5?) and I wasn't just awarded a title shot at Kaz.  I was awarded a title shot at Kaz because the show after I lost the Ignition belt to Jeb I was pitted against Kaz and won.

Also, lets say someone decides to cash in on three.  What happens with the Ignition belt?  Do they vacate or hold it till they lose regardless of defenses?

This is just my opinion and with that being said I don't really care how it goes, lol.  Just giving you my opinion.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 06:58:00 PM by American Tommy »

Boston

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2018, 09:03:00 PM »
The Ignition Belt would be vacated if they decided to take their shot at any point.

Your opinion is valued, but it is also stupid.

Thanks for coming out, though.

(Just kidding, folks.)

Offline Perry Wallace

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2018, 09:36:14 PM »
OMG ERIK IT'S OKAY TO BE MEAN TO JIMMY. OKAY ERIK.

Boston

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2018, 09:38:36 PM »
...okay.

Offline American Tommy

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2018, 09:57:39 PM »
OMG ERIK IT'S OKAY TO BE MEAN TO JIMMY. OKAY ERIK.

No it's not. I'm very sensitive.

The Ignition Belt would be vacated if they decided to take their shot at any point.

There would have been no chance in hell I would of vacated the Ignition belt for a chance at a different belt.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 10:00:55 PM by American Tommy »

Offline Perry Wallace

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2018, 10:27:15 PM »
That's why it's an option with sort of a risk to it like a gamble.

Offline Anastasia Hayden

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2018, 10:34:35 PM »
I've said it before to you, but I don't like the idea of anything just being awarded because of defenses.  Maybe enter them in a contender match or something?  Take my story for example.  I defended whatever times it was (I think 5?) and I wasn't just awarded a title shot at Kaz.  I was awarded a title shot at Kaz because the show after I lost the Ignition belt to Jeb I was pitted against Kaz and won.

Agree with Feets here. I think a contender's match would work out well, but I'd argue to keep the contender matches in their division (so just the North American and Octane belts I reckon) just cause those defenses can rack up quickly. Also think it'd make more sense in kayfabe for the challenger to stick around in their division than them coming up to challenge for the Pride/4CW Championship then going back down to the 2nd division if they lose.

All for them vacating the belt though to go after it.

Offline Perry Wallace

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2018, 10:52:12 PM »
And for someone in the single RP division, it would be totally up to them if they wanted to challenge for a 2 RP belt. Not going to lower the RP limit for either the Pride or 4CW for this cash in match. And also a contenders match is a good idea as well. Possibly against the person leading the rankings for said belt.

David Sanchez

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2018, 03:35:31 AM »
Good idea. I'd be game for bobbling around the divisions. Some weeks are busier than others so the 1 RP thing might be useful sometimes. I prefer the 2 RP game, but it seems like a good plan to catch some respite and avoid burnout.