August 23, 2019, 02:44:29 PM

Author Topic: Trust & Loyalty  (Read 131 times)

Offline Alexis Mercer

Trust & Loyalty
« on: September 13, 2018, 03:59:05 AM »
“Well what choice do I have? Trust is for fools! Fear is the only reliable way. Even you fear me” - Azula, Avatar: The Last Airbender
● ● ●

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 09, 2018
MOTEL ROOM 223; TOKYO, JAPAN

Stains covered spots on on dirty white walls. A roach crawled from the bedroom sink twitching its antennae around before retreating down the sink cabinet. It was already approaching mid-day across Tokyo as the tower fan blew in the autumn air through the open window. Audio from a television played as it was switched onto the last weather forecast going over tomorrow’s partly cloudy day. For once this bit of news distracted Japan from the recent earthquake coverage that had happened. I lie, propped against the motel wall with my legs crossed on the world’s most shittiest bed fully clothed, mind you.

On floor there was a pile of the hotel bed sheets at the bottom of the bed. My face buried in my doodlings I had been drawing since yesterday when I returned from the convenience store just down the street. My hand only moved to reach a bottle of beer from the worn out nightstand beside me. I takes a quick swag but then, discarded the alcoholic beverage wiping the excess remains off my lips. Moans could be heard coming from the room next door. Sounds like someone was having fun catching STDs. Meanwhile, as I was busy drawing, Sarah was over by the open window beside her own bed peering out onto the world.

Once upon a time, Sarah was always the obedient one of my former associates by marriage, the fact the Brotherhood wanted to torture her and make her their mindless puppet if I hadn’t stepped in making her my responsibility because I needed her more than they did. Fucking cult. I gave her freedom the moment I started wrestling because I didn’t want to deal with the madness of social media. I see now maybe that was a mistake. Just one of many mistakes I needed to correct. It had been too long since I got my hands on that soccer haired mom pretending to be a ripped off Tony Montana, mang. Now it was all down to waiting for Adrenaline.

A L E X I SM E R C E R
Want me to drag Manny by that soccer mom hair of his if it would keep you from moping around all damn day? I would have no problem doing that. Bet it wouldn’t the first time he would be treated like that.

S A R A HJ O N E S
No ma’am. I made a promise to you.

A L E X I SM E R C E R
Yes, you did and I’m glad that you’ve kept your word. That shows loyalty. I’m not blind I know you enjoy interacting with people on social media. I understand it must have been hard for you. I know that you never had friend because no one understood you different. When they plucked you away away from having to spending another minute in that orphanage I was there.

It takes a moment before I stood up after placing my drawings aside. I walk over to her stopping within inches from where Sarah was standing. She looks down sad. If I had a soft heart I would have given her a hug.

S A R A HJ O N E S
Foster care was rough, yes. I spent my whole life growing up there wondering why my mom gave me up for adoption. And the kids used to be so mean there. The bruises I had from beatings I got for nothing. It made me want to die.

Lost little lamb she was back then.

A L E X I SM E R C E R
But you didn’t die. Friends like Manny come and go.

I come closer.

A L E X I SM E R C E R
Real family, Sarah. We last forever.

Sarah looks up meeting my eyes nodding, swallowing hard.

A L E X I SM E R C E R
I know you saw the video I cut about how much Mariano hurt me. He said some terrible things. He accused me of very bad things and I can’t let him just walk away from that. He asked for this, Sarah. I am going into Adrenaline to do what I needed to do all along. I need to start giving a damn about my position in the Four Corners Wrestling locker room. I’m meant to be competing against the higher food chain. I’ve been here for a year, and I got nothing to show for it. That’s my mistake there. I’m tired of sitting around for opportunities to come knock like Manny. People who wait for special matches before waking the fuck up to say I’m here now.

I brushed her shoulder softly before touching her cheek with my hand. I let my hand sit there for a minute and then I moved away walking over to grab some change off the nightstand.

A L E X I SM E R C E R
Those types of people doesn’t deserve anyone’s time. I hope you understand why I said those things directed to him. I want you to consider coming back on the road with me again like old times, Sarah. Help your family. Help me achieve what I have to do to matter.

I looked back at Sarah.

A L E X I SM E R C E R
I’m going to go grab a something to eat. Want anything?

S A R A HJ O N E S
No Mistress, I’m fine. Thank you.

I lifted my shoulders up in that ‘whatever’ attitude as I walked out onto the streets of Tokyo. The aroma coming off from the city was very strong smelling like the food that was cooked here. The sun wasn’t that bright due to clouds covering most of the rays. I continued down until stopping at a vending machine. Japan loves their vending machine. I inserted the coins one by one then picked my selection. When I turned around suddenly I bumped into a kid wearing a Kamikaze Pro shirt of Manny. I kneeled down to his level. I touch his shirt.

A L E X I SM E R C E R
Cute. I know you might not understand this, but it looks like you picked the wrong team to support. He’s got a few more days left until I make my statement, and show the locker room that their all going to be next.

All of a sudden I smile at the kid before pushing him out of my way. I could feel his eyes looking back at me but I didn’t care. With Adrenaline coming up I was prepared to come for blood. No one was going to stop me for reaching my highest point in this company. I was done being everyone’s punching bag. Trust was easy to manipulate. Fear takes hard work.