September 16, 2019, 11:24:45 PM

Author Topic: Coming Off The Bench  (Read 48 times)

Offline Jman2k3

• Texas Fucking Legend
    • View Profile
    • The Official Website of Scott Stevens
Coming Off The Bench
« on: August 22, 2019, 02:22:18 AM »
“A company always on the run
A destiny, oh it's the rising sun
I was born, a shotgun in my hands
Behind the gun
I'll make my final stand, yeah
That's why they call me…..”

As the Five Finger Death Punch version of Bad Company blasts out of a jukebox in a hole in the wall bar in the middle of nowhere off we see a where people are drinking, laughing and a bald-headed man with a salt and pepper colored ZZ Top beard wearing a white Liverpool jersey is arguing with a man in a red Manchester United jersey.

“Fuck you mate! We can settle this right now!”

The bald-headed man yells towards the Red Devils fan who gets in his face and his buddies slowly get off of their stools and stand next to their friend. The bald-headed man sees he’s out numbered and takes a step back.

“OI! This isn’t over mate!”

The bald-headed man shouts as he backs away and heads towards the bar to order another pint and as he passes we see a familiar face shaking his head, and that face belongs to none other than everyone’s favorite Texan, Scott Stevens. It’s been awhile since we saw Stevens in a 4CW ring….in fact it was in 2017 losing to Bryan Williams and Persephone Marquis. Not his finest hour. Not much has changed either since we last saw Stevens in 4CW as his level of losing has spiraled into the latest incarnation of High Octane Wrestling. The man who was a breath away from winning the 4CW championship many moons ago has been regulated to being a background player, a reserve, a benchwarmer if you will.

Since HOW return Stevens has not won a single match. He’s had title opportunities and matches against the toughest competition around, but The Lonesome Loser remains winless. Not only is he winless, but he’s also trying to fight for existence because Stevens hasn’t shown up on HOW programming lately. When Lee Best was the majority owner Stevens missed an entire month of action. When Mike Best took over following his victory at War Games he was left off the show. Stevens was tired of the disrespect he was getting and ventured out to other companies if HOW wasn’t going to use him. Stevens wrestled in OCW until it closed and when he got the phone call from Perry Wallace he jumped at the chance to enter the Bad Company tournament because this was an opportunity he wanted. He was going to seize the moment just like he did on Refueled when he and his tag partner laid everyone out in the last HOW show from Florida.

The Texan sips on what appears to be a Guinness based on the darkness of the drink as he is watching something on his tablet. As the image pans around we see that Stevens is watching Cyrus Riddle and Dakota Smith, last year’s Bad Company Tag Tournament winners, leaving nothing but scorched earth in their path to victory and tag title gold. Stevens watches the various matches like a hawk especially when Cyrus Riddle steps into the ring. The former multiple time XTV champion looks for any weakness or anything he can exploit against Riddle when the two face off in the first round of the tournament. Stevens places his glass down on the wooden table as he watches intently of the finals of last year’s Bad Company tournament finals match against The Carlson Dynasty. The Texan nods along at the fluidity of the partnership between Cyrus and Dakota. Everything looks crisp and clean to the point you would think they were one. Stevens’ interests peaks when Cyrus tags into the match and delivers a massive lariat to the back of Eli Carlson’s head to pick up the victory. The final image seen is Dakota Smith and Cyrus Riddle standing in the ring victorious with tag titles raised high into the air as they are announced as the winners before the video stops playing.

“I figured Perry wouldn’t make it easy for me, but putting me against the defending tournament champion wasn’t what I was expecting.”

Stevens says with a chuckle as he places the tablet down onto the table before picking his beer back up and taking another swallow of the liquid abyss.

“Bad Company is back once again with fresh faces and old, and I’m excited to be a part of it once again, but nervous as well.”

The Texan quips as he places his beverage back onto the table.

“I’m nervous because I see a lot of names I know and a lot of names that are a mystery to me. I know people like Jason Cashe, and what he is capable of inside of a ring when he gives a fuck. I’m familiar with his partner, Redd Thunder, and the two of them should be a formidable duo.”

Stevens says with respect in his tone.

“This is why I love competing in 4CW because of Perry’s come and beat us mentality. From South Beach Brawl to Bad Company if you claim to be one of the best wrestlers in the world Perry wants you to prove it by competing against his best.”

Stevens says as he takes another sip of his drink.

“I’ve came into 4CW before and beaten the best and I have lost against the best because no one stays undefeated. Everyone loses at some point, that’s just a fact of life.”

Stevens says bluntly as he puts down his drink.

“This tournament is a proving ground because all the talk of being the best is thrown out the fucking window if you can’t back it up and there are a few teams already claiming they’re going to win it all.”

Stevens says with a sigh.

“That’s the kind of attitude that gets you eliminated, right THOTS?”

Stevens asks before finishing his beer.

“There is a fine line between cocky and arrogance, but claiming you’re the best team in the tournament is asinine when you’re not even the best team on your side of the brackets!”

Stevens growls loudly.

“Last time I checked those guys calling themselves American Mangs were the tag champs not you.”

Stevens says as he extends his finger to emphasize the point.

“So continue to only worry about facing Jason Cashe because that thinking will get you with Those Hoes Over There in the Elimination Line.”

Stevens says with a smirk.

“No one should take anyone lightly in this tournament because we have a lot of heavy hitters in it this year. We have the 4CW tag champions, the Union Battleground tag champions, and the OCW tag champions as well. Three of the best tag champions in the world trying to lay claim to being the absolute best. On top of that, one half of last year’s tournament winner is back as well so we have four major teams in the mix.”

Stevens says with a nod.

“Then you have unknown teams like Daydream Nation, The GRAV3DIGG3RS, and SKY Force to name a few. Teams like the ones I mentioned can come out of nowhere and shock the world by winning it all and what better prize is there than the 4CW tag titles and a million dollars in cash?”

Stevens says with a devilish grin.

“That is why my team is going to sneak under the radar and win it all.”

The Texan says with a nod.

“That’s not being cocky it’s the truth. No one sees us as a threat which plays into our hands because we want you to see us as a joke because when the Benchwarmers are announced as the winners the joke is on you and the punch line is you’ll be out of the tournament.”

Stevens says with a chuckle.

“We know we face a tough task right out of the gate with Cyrus Riddle and Rebecca Dawson, and if we can get passed them the sky’s the limit because we can only reach our hands up so high after all.”

Stevens with the corniest dad joke ever before his attention is diverted behind him and we see the bald-headed man smash a bottle on the guy in the Manchester United jersey’s head before punching the rest of his friends and starting a bar fight causing the Texan to let out a sigh.

“I swear I can’t take O’Dell with me anywhere!”

Stevens says to himself as he reaches into his pocket and pulls out his cell phone while watching his tag partner try and fight everyone in the bar as he is seen sending a text message to someone. As we zoom in on the screen of the phone the contact name reads Perry Wallace and the message reads, “Send bail money.”